Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini Boats

It is that time of the year when there is an abundance of zucchini available. After going to the Madison Farmer's Market I found myself with three zucchini's for only one dollar! Traditionally, I would use them to make breads and desserts. After a little research and found a wonderful recipe for stuffed zucchini boats on one of my favorite websites. Pinterest. I did do a little tweaking to the original recipe to increase the amount of protein.

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium to large Zucchini
  • 1/4 cup (34g) Feta ( I used a less to decrease the amount of dairy)
  • 4 tbsp (66g) Tomato Paste
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 tsp (5g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Sprinkle of Parsley
  • 1/2 pound of Ground Turkey
  • 1/2 chopped white onion
Process:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Cut the Zucchini in half longwise. Scoop out the inside using a melon baller or tablespoon.

Chop any large zucchini pieces that you scooped out and place into a mixing bowl with ground turkey, feta, tomato paste, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix well to coat everything. The tomato paste, feta, onion, and ground turkey.


Put the zucchini mixture back into the zucchini boats. Top with parmesan and parsley. Bake for 25 minutes. Longer if you like a softer zucchini.


I doubled the recipe because I had one large zucchini and two smaller ones. I also baked for 35 minutes and they were perfect.

yummo! =)






1 comment: