Monday, September 5, 2011

Banana Almond Butter Pancakes

I know I just posted a new recipe yesterday, but given the holiday I decided to get creative with breakfast this morning.  I've been paleo now for a little over a month and I haven't really craved pancakes, YET! That's not to say I won't when the weather starts getting colder!! So, I've been looking into paleo pancakes to see what I'm in for.  A lot of them call for coconut or almond flour.  This recipe is excludes flour all together and can be served a number of different ways.



Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbspn almond butter
  • cinnamon/vanilla optional

Process:

Mash the bananas and put in a bowl.  Add one egg and whisk until thoroughly mixed.


Add the tbspn of almond butter to the mixture.  The more almond butter you add, the more "cake-like" your pancakes will be. Make sure you mix it up well and don't leave any chunks of almond butter behind.


Heat some butter/oil in a pan over medium heat.  Pour a small amount of batter into the pan.  These tend to be delicate, the smaller you make them, the easier they'll be to flip.  Also, they need a few minutes on each side.  If the pan gets too hot you'll have to turn the heat down or you'll burn your last few!


Look how yummy this stack of pancakes look! Serve warm with organic honey, pure maple syrup, or fresh fruit! They're even good room temperature and they taste very much like banana bread!!



Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ryan and I love these!! Yesterday I make coconut flour pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to invest in some coconut flour! Just trying to find it for a decent price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to make pancakes with almond meal instead of butter! Great recipe I cant wait to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete