Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey guys! Tons of recipes coming your way this week.  I had some extra time on my hands and decided to get creative.  One of the hardest parts of going Paleo is trying to satisfy the occasional sweet tooth.  Normally, I turn to fruit to take care of that.  This weekend I decided to experiment with my newly bought coconut flour!  I took a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe and made some substitutions. No white/wheat flour, no processed sugars, just good all natural ingredients!  Check it out...

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup organic honey
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 banana (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract; add both for more flavor!)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chips which are dairy, soy and nut free)

Process:

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.  In a small mixing bowl add honey and coconut flour.  Microwave until liquid consistency.
3.  Add honey, coconut flour, eggs, mashed banana and salt into large mixing bowl.
4.  Slowly add coconut flour while mixing.
5.  Add chocolate chips and stir.


6.  Shape cookies on a aluminum foil lined baking sheet. THESE DO NOT RISE AND SPREAD LIKE TRADITIONAL COOKIES. You have to shape them like cookies and flatten them out. 
** I find it's easier and tastier to make these in a small brownie pan and cut them into squares like cookie bars/brownies.


7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.


Enjoy! (Maybe with some almond or coconut milk?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment