Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Very Paleo Thanksgiving !


The previous blogs are all recipes from my very first paleo thanksgiving.  I was so excited to take on this challenge and make one of the greatest, yet healthiest, meals I've had in a while! It was soooo worth it and so delicious! 

This would not have been possible without my dear sister, Megan.  She traveled from Virginia to Wisconsin to be with me on Thanksgiving.  I felt so thankful and blessed since the past 2 years I have not been with family on this holiday.  Thank you Megan!

We also spent a day on State Street in downtown Madison.  We explored the famous street (which doesn't allow cars down most of it!) and Capitol Square.  We even went into the Capitol building and took pictures of the beautiful architecture.


The Capitol building up close.


The top of the Capitol building with the American Flag!


The Capitol building from State Street.


The Capitol building from State Street.


The Capitol Building at night.

Although it wasn't paleo, we decided to hit up Ian's Pizza on State Street.  A famous pizza place that even one of Megan's student's told us to try.  I got 1 slice of mac-n-cheese pizza and 1 slice of fresh mozzarella tomato and basil pizza.  Megan got 1 slice of philly cheese steak pizza and 1 slice of cheesy potato pizza.  I think the mac-n-cheese was by far the best, but I think Megan preferred the fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil!


Wall Art in Ian's Pizza on State Street. YUM!!

As I close, I'd like to share a few things in which I am truly thankful for. 

1. My whole family - even though I'm far away I think of each and every one of you every day.
2. My friends, old and new for supporting me and helping me in times of need.
3. Remi, my dog, truly brought light to my life in a dark time and has showed me the meaning of "man's best friend".
4. My good health - especially this almost 5 month journey of Paleo!!
5. My new nephew, Lincoln!  I haven't met you yet, but I cannot wait!!
6. A great job, with supportive, helpful people that truly care.

Hope you all had a wonderful, memorable Thanksgiving!  Cannot wait to try some amazing paleo recipes the rest of this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment